i think its about experimental music. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... .......... ...........

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Drawdio

This is a video for a new little theremin gadget that I've seen some people posting around Twitter. It works by the electrical connection between people or objects, so you can turn almost anything into an instrument. Its a very basic little circuit but the idea of turning all your interactions with the world into music, I think, has huge potential. I love the idea of turning something visual, kinesthetic, or otherwise non-musical into music. It's an idea that has been explored by experimental musicians before (I'm thinking of John Cage poking holes through spots on cardboard with a pen onto musical staffs on the other side), but as far as I know, not quite this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment